gracecheung604 | write on time: Tuesday at the Movies

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday at the Movies

Do you remember when movies were cheap on Tuesdays? I don’t, but my much older sister has told me about it…I always think about that when I watch movies on Tuesday.
Friend won tickets to “She’s Out of My League” and we decided to catch the show at Silvercity Coquitlam. I think I was just there for the popcorn…layered butter. We ended up switching gears and watching “Date Night” with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey, and inhaling almost two bags of popcorn in the process.

The movie was funny, but could have been funnier. The popcorn was buttery, but also could have been buttery-er. Nevertheless, an enjoyable movie night, plus I still have a bag of theatre-sized Maltesers to devour.
Since we skipped dinner in favour of the early show, we headed to Cactus Club for a snack and a bevy. We were leaning towards either the Crispy Dry Ribs or the Hot Wings, you know, the usual standbys.
So I left my friend to order while I headed out for a smoke. I was about to tell the waiter that he brought us the wrong thing, when he arrived moments later with Halibut Soft Tacos. Turns out my Date Night buddy learned something from the movie, and realized that sometimes, you have to break out of the rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...