gracecheung604 | write on time: Terrifying Tuesday

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Terrifying Tuesday

I woke up super refreshed due to the restful sleep I received from taking five tryptophan pills. It is an awesome feeling waking up after a full night’s sleep. This rarely happens for me, since I am practically an insomniac. The only reason I took the pills last night was that I was terrified of a dentist’s appointment that I had today. The pills were the only way I could fall asleep.
I went to work for the morning, and left for my appointment around noon. I left myself plenty of time to go for lunch, and some liquid courage. I arrived at White Spot about an hour before my appointment. Ordered a Caesar salad and a 6oz glass of Chardonnay. I ate the salad quickly, and drank the Char even quicker!
Headed out after lunch for a cigarette, and found myself chain-smoking while shaking. It was the most scared I have been in recent memory. Luckily, for me, I had a lot of friends and family that texted me while I was smoking to calm me down. It is nice how a dental phobia can draw people together. I am lucky.
Got up to the dentist and had a chat with the assistant and I came clean about my fears. She was understanding and seemed to go out of her way to make me comfortable. I don’t think I was, but I tried to be brave. I leaned back with my iPod fastened to my ears and just blasted the music. I needed something to drown out the drilling noise. After an hour of tugging, drilling and patching, I was done!
Drove myself home while fielding calls/texts from people that were worried about me. I felt so loved. I felt a little silly being so worried and for causing so much concern to my friends. I survived and almost feel guilty about it. The only evidence of my trauma was a paralysis of my left cheek and jaw. Although I could talk with minimum discomfort, it was obvious that I had gotten some work done…like botox.
A friend came over to visit and comfort after. Brought me foods that I could eat, such as veggie soup (yes, it’s STILL Lent despite the trauma), Mario’s Hedgehog gelato, and Beard Papas. I’m so lucky. Instead of staying in for dinner, we decided to head to Fish on Rice for AYCE sushi. It’s soft enough…and I love AYCE! The world is my oyster (motoyaki).
Headed home after dinner for dessert, after all, I was pretty well-stocked at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...