gracecheung604 | write on time: Lunch with BFF

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lunch with BFF

A few weeks ago, my BFF returned from a work assignment earlier than expected and decided to meet me downtown for lunch. As a last minute lunch place, Keg Thurlow is a sure bet.
As soon as we sat down, we ordered the yam fries for Ryan...he thinks it's the best thing...looks like potato fries, but just a bit healthier. Too bad I just find them too sweet.
There's a new item on their menu...Chicken Lettuce Wrap. From what I can tell, it looks just like their chicken fajitas (and that's how I was charged for it on my bill), but instead of tortillas, it was iceburg. Hmmm...come to think of it...maybe I should have gotten the fajitas instead.
I like foods that I can play with...manhandle somehow...thus my passion for peking duck...both ways. The chicken breast were diced, and mixed with some red and yellow pepper strips as well as fried onions. It was tasty...although the breast was a little too dry (that's what she said).
BFF got the beef dip...I've had it a million times at the Keg. It's a reliable dish...bread, beef and au jus. Not too complicated, but satisfying nonetheless.
Keg Steakhouse and Bar - Thurlow on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...