gracecheung604 | write on time: The best Burger!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The best Burger!

On our way to Seattle last month with my sister, we saw a sign for Five Guys...I'd heard about it earlier in the week via twitter, and it was all good commentary. I knew we had to detour! Shop at the outlets for a bit, and head back here for lunch. Any excuse to not eat at the Food Court in the outlet mall...
The restaurant is decked out in a very old-school diner style...red and white checkered walls, just like their cups! My sister ordered three burgers, and the girl at the counter yelled back to the kitchen...six patties. I was a little confused...hmmm...we'll see what that's about later...
They also have gigantic boxes of roasted peanuts...FREE for the taking. Just scoop, shell and swallow. Reminds me of Carlo's and Bud's back in Vancouver, back in the day. 
Though we are not huge peanut fans, we are huge FREE fans..we grabbed a small portion to share amongst all of us. It's a good time killer while you wait for your "made to order" burger to come...
After you place your order, they give you a number and yell it out when your food is ready. Mine was called "all the way" because I wanted everything on it... Everything is free and it includes: mayo, relish, onions, lettuce, pickles, tomtatoes, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, A-1 sauce, BBQ sauce and hot sauce...whew! I decided to add extra japalenos to it as well as bacon...mmm...bacon. B's burger was a little bit less loaded...just pickles, mustard, grilled onions and mushrooms, jalapenos and bacon...topped with A-1 and hot sauce.
Oh, and you can't really have a burger solo...so we ordered fries as well...cajun fries to be exact.
I thought I'd take a picture of the burger as I unveiled it...and at first glance...I didn't think it was going to be amazing...though I did appreciate the sesame bun and cheesiness...
Well, upon a closer look, I was very wrong...the burger was piled so high...with the two patties and enough toppings to choke a horse! Good thing I was hungry, and up for the challenge...
B's attempt to stuff his little burger into his mouth...
Tim's effort to put his burger into his mouth...his burger was the mini - which means "only" one patty!
Yeah, I had to tie my hair back for this one...juicy...ooey, and piled so darn high! I polished it off...ate some fries and waddled out of there. Good thing I had gotten my clothes shopping out of the way BEFORE we went there.
If you haven't tried Five Guys before...I highly recommend it...go with your favourite guy and he'll be SO appreciative. Remember ladies...the way to a man's heart is through his stomach (remember the Japadog incident?)...who cares how it gets there!


Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...