gracecheung604 | write on time: Snowy(!) Sunday (and who stole my hour!)

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Snowy(!) Sunday (and who stole my hour!)

Waking up at 11am, and being awake by noon...I hate it when they change the clocks (forwards) but I don't mind it when I get the extra hour...in fact, we should do that every month. Went to The Boss for lunch and had their Veggie Fried Noodles...so, I didn't cheat!
Grabbed groceries for dinner as well as some stuff I needed for baking, like buttermilk and about 2 dozen eggs. So when I got home, I started with the Chocolate Chip Banana Almond Muffins. They didn't require the use of my precious KitchenAid mixer, but turned out fantastic! I don't know what it is about buttermilk, but it seems as though the muffins get fluffier with it.
Before the oven could cool down, I moved right along to the Cheese Scones. Mom gave me some butter she purchased from Point Roberts that was already premeasured to a half a cup, which is exactly what I needed. I also used the buttermilk here too, so buying a litre didn't seem so pointless...the scones totally puffed up, and the cheese melted so nicely over all the buttery scones. I'm so proud of myself!
After a dinner of steamed tofu and veggies, I'm gonna make my biscotti...I should start a business...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...