gracecheung604 | write on time: Easter!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!

Went for Easter brunch in Forest Hill, where we feasted on Dhansak and some Nota Bene wine. But I had a craving for a Shandy, which had to be satisfied before the wine could be appreciated. I also munch on some Thai Chili chips which went really well with the Shandy. The meal was rounded out by a birthday cake, which was supposed to be from Dufflet’s but their cakes were very Easter-focused, so we ended up with a birthday cake from Frangipane instead, chocolate decadence. No matter how much I bake, I don't think I'll ever be able to ice a cake the way bakeries do...
The conversation flowed easily, and lots of pictures were taken, of the food, family and friends. I regret not taking a picture of Bo Obama's cousin, Marco, the Portuguese Water Dog.
After a short nap, it was time for me to prepare my Easter Dinner! Having a friend over for dinner and decided to make: Stuffed Mushroom Caps, Crab and Shrimp Dip, Rack of Lamb and Salmon Filet (for the non-game eater). A simple side of sauteed mushrooms (shitake, oyster and cremini) as well as buttered baby carrots.
Since the weather was cooperating, we managed to BBQ the lamb and salmon outside! It was a nice well-rounded meal...except there weren't any carbs! I guess I gave up meat for 40 days, I'll plan to give up carbs for the next 40! Dessert was again a Haagen Dazs bar and some Chunky Monkey!
Pictures were taken, I think...can't be too sure now, but will have to find out how the S230 performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...