gracecheung604 | write on time: Trattoria - Passport Quest

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Trattoria - Passport Quest

Glowbal Passport Quest. As part of the promotion that Glowbal Group ran in February - March 2012, I visited all seven of the restaurants. Here is my post of Trattoria.
For reviews of the other restaurants, click the restaurants below:
Black and Blue 
Coast
Glowbal Grill
Italian Kitchen
Sanafir
Society

We started of meal off with an Amuse bouche of Burrata with house made lardon and garlic chips on a crostini. Seriously good and very fresh. I love burrata and they do it right here. Thanks so much to Chef Chuy!
For our appetizer, to further satisfy my craving for burrata, we got their Prosciutto Burrata with grilled bread. This was good on so many levels. Thinly shaved parmesan, a nice scoop of burrata and an abundance of grilled pizza dough. This would be a dream lunch dish all on its own. 
We had a child with us tonight, so we started him off with a simple Pomodoro pasta, but instead of spaghetti or penne, we opted for the Garganelli. He loved it and probably polished off 2/3rd of this dish. I found the sauce a touch too sour, but evidently, he didn't. 
I really do love Garganelli...on the menu, there is a Spaghetti Bolognese with braised beef, but I asked them to switch up the pasta and give it to me with garganelli instead. They were happy to accommodate and this is the happy result. Fresh, al dente garganelli with a richly infused sauce. This made me happy!
We also tried their Linguine alla Vongole, and I was delighted to see that this was served in a tomato based sauce, instead of the usual garlic & olive oil based sauce. I like that the shells were included and the portion was big. Hard for one person to finish!
And although I am not a dessert person, I really enjoyed this Tiramisu. It sits atop a bed of coffee bean infused creme anglaise and is served with a biscotti and a fresh strawberry on the side. Thick rich layers of lady fingers soaked in coffee and liquor, and then layered with mascarpone and egg yolks. A fine dusting of cocoa powder completes the whole thing. Rich, light but delicious!
And you've heard me talk about the Zeppole before...loaded with chocolate ganache, these little doughnuts are totally addictive. Try it with the creme anglaise for full effect.
Trattoria Italian Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...