gracecheung604 | write on time: Glowbal Grill - Passport Quest

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Glowbal Grill - Passport Quest

Glowbal Passport Quest. As part of the promotion that Glowbal Group ran in February - March 2012, I visited all seven of the restaurants. Here is my post of Glowbal Grill.
I also have posts for:
Coast
Society
Italian Kitchen
Trattoria
Sanafir
Black and Blue
I went with a foodie friend, Stephanie, because we were both trying to finish off the passports. She started off with the Caprese appy, loaded with yummy burrata cheese and veggies. I probably could have used more bread, but that's just me!  

I've always been a fan of Glowbal Grill's satays appetizers, because they really allow you to try a ton of things without getting too full. So this time, I tried tow that I hadn't had in a while. On the left is the fried oyster, and next to it is their yummy Short Rib. Served with a little salad and a mustard sauce and a creamy ginger soy sauce.
I saw the Charbroiled Trout on the menu and was immediately intrigued. Back in December, I visited a Tom Douglas restaurant in Seattle and they served the trout, head and tail! So I asked the server if that was they way they do it here, and he asserted yes. Unfortunately, when the trout came, he was only half right...there was a tail but no head in sight. Ah well, what we were served was delicious. The skin was amazingly crispy while the flesh was moist and juicy. Accompanying the dish were some potatoes as well as a sauce with a sun dried tomato base. This was a light and delightful dish and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Next time, I'l insist on getting the fish with "head on".
Stephanie ordered their Ahi Tuna, which I've never tried before. As you can see, there is a perfect sear to the fish, with a bright pink centre. This was a tasty dish...something in the crust for the tuna was really good. Also, I like the baby bok choy they served with the dish. Three chunky pieces of tuna were rounded out nicely with the veggies, and made for a fine entree.

Glowbal Grill Steaks and Satay on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...