gracecheung604 | write on time: Hamburger and Tacos at Havana

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hamburger and Tacos at Havana

This was my first visit to Havana on Commercial Drive and I had no idea what to expect. I had planned to try it a while ago with my parents, but never actually made it down there.
IMG_1766 
We started off with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, and I really loved the label on this wine. Their wine list is quite reasonable and they also have a lot of cocktails, sangria and martinis too.IMG_1770 This is the Beef Taco, and is made with slow cooked beef, tender to the point of pulled pork goodness. There is some lettuce, pico de gallo and a dollop of sour cream on the bottom. This baby is messy but I would say it is worth the effort. Lots of beef! 
IMG_1775 
And here is half a Latin Burger, with a six ounce beef patty, turkey sausage, bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, spicy mayo and avocado guacamole, all topped with a pickle too. The burger was actually quite moist, and I liked the plentiful veggie inside. The turkey sausage was nice and lean, but it was probably a bit of overkill along with the bacon. I didn't even try to eat this thing properly, it was definitely a knife and fork deal for me. I think I would skip the guacamole next time, and ease up on the mayo too.

Take note:


  • Massive menu
  • Breakfast daily until 2pm
  • Fun Havana-style cocktails and sangria too


Havana Restaurant & Gallery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...