gracecheung604 | write on time: Windy Wednesday

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Windy Wednesday

This morning, I woke up with a mission - and that is to BAKE! Using my super awesome gas-powered Thermador oven, I created Parmesan Thyme Crackers, Chocolate Brownies, Cheese and Green Onion Biscuits! And...I had it all done before 1pm, which was my planned pig-out of AYCE sushi with my other ex-co-workers. I almost hesitated on going, since my little Nicholas decided to regurgitate his breakfast at around 11am - or maybe that is his commentary on my baking prowess. However, we decided to go the healthy route and opted for a coffee @ Starbucks instead. MH brought me some of her Greek cookies, made in a more nutritious way and not smothered in powdered sugar. They were yummy! Had a nice long chat about my new job, her current job and life in general.
Noticed a new Cachet Creek veterinary hospital nearby too, actually, it’s practically walking distance from home, which is a great thing when your doggies are sick.
Since I moved to Vancouver a few months ago, I’ve been craving authentic Indian food so decided to try a new one out by Yonge/Eglington area. Jaipur Grille had food so hot that it blew my mind…not just crazy hot, but nicely spiced too! The setting was very non-Indian, almost European, but the food was good Indian fare. Ordered enough for four people, but there was only the two of us. Had the chicken kabab (the hariyali flavour was amazing, also had lamb vindaloo, some daal makhani and of course, no Indian meal is complete without my lamb biryani, along with some naan! Very satisfying – I think we took home almost half of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...