gracecheung604 | write on time: Pizza and Gelato at Gusto

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Pizza and Gelato at Gusto

Earlier this month, I met a friend in Olympic Village for a quick snack in the afternoon. I haven't explored much of the area in recent months, but am forcing myself to head down there more frequently. When my friend suggested Gusto - A Taste of Italy when I said that I was craving gelato, I was eager to give this a try.

I hadn't eaten lunch yet so decided to try out one of their pizzas, before moving on to dessert. They pride themselves on serving up Authentic Italian Scrocchiarella. It's almost the opposite of a thin crust artisanal-type pizza. The crispy Roman-style pizza has a great crust with a decent amount of chew. Scrocchiarella is as specific type of flour and crust is reminiscent of focaccia. 

I wanted something light, so opted for the Prosciutto e Rucola ($10.99). They serve it warmed up and the rectangular-shaped is one classic trait of Roman-style pizza. It was really good, the crust was doughy and chewy, perfect for me as I love pizza crust. I will eat yours if you let me! And the toppings (prosciutto, arugula, signature sauce and parmigiana) were plentiful and very fresh. I thought it was good value for the price. I only ate half and took the rest to-go. I had to save room for the real reason I was there, gelato!

Now, time for some Gelato Artigianale! Their chefs are from Italy and the machines are flown in from Italy as well. I chose to enjoy mine in a cone. There are so many flavours to choose from and you're allowed to try three before making your choice. The Pistachio one was highly recommended, but I am not really a fan of the nut. There was also a Caramelized Fig one with figs flown in from Sicily. 

Finally, I decided on the Cioccolato Fondente ($5.95), described as Dark and Dangerous on the website. It's a blend of black cocoa, 85% chocolate and 72% chocolate. I was in heaven and did not want the treat to end.

There are quite a few things I'll probably come back and try. They have a wide variety of Antipasti, such as Bruschetta, Salads as well as a Cheese Board. In addition to gelato, they also have other treats for your sweet tooth, such as biscotti, cannoli, flakey croissants (plain or filled with butter cream or Nutella). There are tarts, mousse cakes and so much more. They have a selection of both cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages. 

Oh, and they have Happy Hour 3-6pm Monday - Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...