gracecheung604 | write on time: Pigging out at PNE

Friday, September 10, 2010

Pigging out at PNE

Yes, I know the PNE is over, and this won't do any of you any good, but boy, did it do me good when I went on the last weekend they were open. I went last year too, and ate, but nowhere near this sort of eating. It was as if I was going there JUST to eat...Actually, that was exactly it!
First order of business...a corn dog. I have NEVER had one, but have been told by various people that it is a life changing experience. Watching them dip it into that vat of oil changed my life...actually, it made relive all the precious memories of my life...I felt sure I was going to die.
I took one bite, and whoa...the reason for the fuzziness is due to the shock of corn dog goodness travelling to my extremities. Doughy bread that is semi-sweet, the sausage that is super salty...how have I never had this before!?
After devouring the corn dog, we proceeded to Henry's Chicken BBQ. Sigh...a lineup. Good thing I saw my friend (Mr. 2nd in line).
Whoa...all these chickies...but I only want...
a half chicken. Oh my goodness. I don't even like white meat, but I ripped that thing apart so badly, I couldn't take photos until I washed my hands. This is the pristine before photo. The after shot ain't so pretty.
If you are reading this, then you're probably a certifiable foodie, which means you probably know about the new food carts that Vancouver has approved 17 food carts. The pulled pork sammy you see is from @roamingdragon. It is Chinese braised pork-belly sliders with pickled cucumbers, hoisin sauce, and scallions, served in a sweet white steamed bun. SOOOOOO good..
Here is the lemonade we bought for $3...normally, lemons are 3 for a $1. Can you imagine how much profit these people are making?
So, after the corn dog, the half chicken and the pulled pork sandwich, I decided to call it a night. I played betting games, and made $6 from $2. That's why I can afford these...two dozen for $5. YUM. No visit to PNE is complete without them.
I really wanted the burger with the fried onions, but I just couldn't do it. So I settled for a picture of the fried onions. Next time I have a burger, I'm going to be staring at this picture, I guarantee you.
As we were making our getaway, we spied this sign. uh-oh, trouble!
Here are the deep fried Oreos. I was a little surprised that they breaded it, I mean, couldn't you just dunk an Oreo into oil? What, did it just disintegrate? The breading made it a little donut like...but too rich for me.
Um...deep fried butter...more like a really really rich donut...butter mixed with cream cheese. Then rolled into a batter and then fried and sprinkled with sugar.
I heard they have deep fried Coke and Guinness at the Texas State Fair...SO tempted!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin in law was here from texas telling me about what they deep fry.... Apparently its super populae for deep fried wedding cake

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...