gracecheung604 | write on time: Brunch with Mommy

Monday, September 20, 2010

Brunch with Mommy

Boy, have I been a BAD daughter. I hadn't seen my mom for over a month, partially due to my resolution to eat out less. Since she doesn't cook, most of our visits include a meal out. But when I got an email from her to say "she missed me", I felt so guilty that I decided to go for brunch with her at my neighbourhood Earls.
I was craving something different, wings and dry ribs just were going to cut it today. They just seem like evening food to me...so instead, I tried their Fish and Chips. Two gigantic chunks of halibut fish, breaded lightly and deep fried until golden brown. Served with a generous portion of fries (really good too) and a side of coleslaw. It was a lot of food. I only ate half and packed the other half to go. Too bad I left the restaurant without the takeout box. I called the restaurant afterwards but it was already tossed. So sad.
My mom got something I'd never tried either, their Chicken Quesadilla. Part of the reason why I couldn't finish it was due to the fact that I ate a quarter of her quesadilla. Really good and cheesy, and not overly dry, as some quesadillas can be. I liked how the sour cream and salsa were served on the side, so you can use as much or as little as you like. The side caesar was done well too, with a healthy portion of grated parmesan on top.
Just goes to show, trying something different is a good thing...just make sure you remember the take-out box!
Earl's (Burnaby Bridge Park) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...