gracecheung604 | write on time: Wedding Banquet at Sun Sui Wah

Monday, October 11, 2010

Wedding Banquet at Sun Sui Wah

A friend of mine had to attend a wedding of a co-worker, but his date jammed out at the last minute. Her loss was a gain for me...and my belly! The dinner reception was held at the Sun Sui Wah on Main Street. There's bound to be good food there! 
The first course is a cold plate, with roast pork, soy sauce chicken, surf clam, jelly fish, and bean curd skins. It's a delectable dish, with lots of varierty. 
These are the choices alcohol for the night...no wine...oh well, Corona it is for me then. 
Oh, crab claw...I've missed you...perfectly filled with shrimp and crab, this is a good claw.
The next dish was the lobster...creamy sauce...I ate way too much of this I wrestled with this bad boy for about 10 minutes, and won by devouring three pieces. 
Yay! Finally some veggies...Prawns and Pea Shoots...
And their signaure dish...Roasted Squab. You've got to eat these babies when they are piping hot, but be careful...you'll burn the tips of your fingers if you're not care. But in all honesty, it's worth the pain! 
This is my favourite dish at weddings...whole steamed fish. I love the fact that most people don't know how to eat the heads...more for me. The cheek is by far the best part of the fish! And yes, I do eat the eyeballs too.  
All banquets end with the traditional fried rice and fried noodles. I was too full from the crab claw, lobster, squab and fish to even try to eat this. But after a 10 minute rest, I managed to wolf some of the rice down too. So yummy! 
Another fine tradition...red bean soup...never been a fan and never will be...lots of people like this though, and I'm sure it was tasty, but bean for dessert? No thanks!  
And some other sweets to round out the meal...almond cookies and coconut bites. I was stuffed by the end of the night, and I washed it all down with just one Corona...and yes, it was warm by the time I got to the bottom of it. Beer is not for me.
Sun Sui Wah on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...