gracecheung604 | write on time: 100 Days - Round 6

Sunday, October 10, 2010

100 Days - Round 6

What to do for Thanksgiving? A friend living in Yaletown was bored since her boyfriend left her in Vancouver while he went home to Ottawa for the holidays. In an attempt to cheer her up, I headed downtown to drag her out of the condo, and out for lunch!
The meal started off with a shot of caesar...love the attention to detail...they rimmed the glass!
I also got an Americano, just in case the caesar didn't wake me up.
Now, even having been here five previous times, I have yet to try their burger. In a decidedly bold move, I decided to get their Kick-Ass Burger served with a bit of salad on the side, and a tiny takeout box of fries. It's been hyped by various tweeters and bloggers, so my expectations were tempered. It's like Inception...it was supposed to be SO good, but can it be that good?
I ordered my burger the way I order all burgers...no butter, no mayo, but mayo on the side. Oh, and a toasted bun...double toasted if I'm in an especially daring mood. The wetter the burger is, the drier and "toastier" the bun needs to be, so as not to soak up all the sauces and get overly soggy.
Topped with a gherkin and half a cherry tomato, the burger patty is made of chopped sirloin and topped with caramelized onions, and apple wood smoked cheddar. Love how the cheese drips over the bacon and the patty. And I do like the burn marks all around the bun.
As the waitress told me, the burger was done medium rare...super jucy. I don't know if I should have put the lettuce into the burger, but if I did, there was no way I was going to be able to actually eat that thing without a knife and fork. For some reason, today was a "hands-on" sort of day.
In honour of Thanksgiving, she decided to get their turkey hash...their special this weekend. She's just like me...sauce on the side. Good girl!
Now the money shot...the eggs were a little more cooked that I'd like, but she love it. Turkey is not one of my favourite foods, but in honour of tradition...I tried a little bit. Glad I did, because there was no turkey dinner in sight for me this weekend! 100 Days on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...