gracecheung604 | write on time: Taste of BC by Liberty Wine

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taste of BC by Liberty Wine

On January 18th, I had the delight of attending the Taste of BC 2011 hosted by Liberty Wine Merchants. I got to sample a ton of wines, and lots of food. I was so busy eating that I only managed to snap a few photos.
I have always been a fan of terrines, and this one from the Savoury Chef is amazing. It's a Sloping Hill Farm headcheese with some North Arm Farm baby beets, some Okanagan quince preserves all on top of a rosemary focaccia crisp. They are tiny little bites, so I had about four of them. Really fresh focaccia and nicely made headcheese.
One of my other faves was the offering that Central City Brewing offered up. They did Grilled Cheese, done on the spot, with a bit of Stout Cheddar, smokey bacon, and a ball of tomato soup. Yes, molecular gastronomy here at Taste of BC! The grilled cheese was one of the more satisfying samples I had at this event...and yes, I ate another four. The tomato soup was amazing...just pops in your mouth, and they served it warm...so surprisingly good!
Here is the balls of tomato soup...it deceptively looks like little cherry tomatoes, but really, it's SO much more delicious and tasty than that.
Another yummy offering was the Pork Rillette and Chorizo served up the The Butcher (at 10th and Sasamat)...I'd have to say...though I didn't have four servings...I was tempted!
There were lots of other foods available, and I did have about a dozen oysters from Rodney's...sadly, that photo didn't turn out well. I loved their cocktail napkin quote: Fresh out of bed...so Punny!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Wow, superb weblog format! How long have you ever been
    running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy.
    The entire look of your site is great, as smartly as the content
    material!
    my web page > katie bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,
    Thanks for the comments - I love blogging and it's great to hear such positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...