gracecheung604 | write on time: Brunch at Jam Cafe

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Brunch at Jam Cafe

Partially due to time constraints, this blog was essentially abandoned in 2015. Now with COVID-19, I find myself occasionally eating out with lots of time to write again. 
Welcome back! Finally, I have the time to write and you have the time to read. 
The (re)new(ed) blog will not be just all restaurant reviews, though there will be some. I have been cooking at home during this crazy time and a recipe or two might come through as well.  So grab a coffee or drink (coffee, beer or cocktail) and have a read. 

I've been to Jam Cafe on Beatty a few times but never gave their Kits location a try. Last week, taking advantage of the nice weather, we decided to have a late lunch there and then take a walk along Kits beach. Bonus: all day parking on Kits beach is only $7.10 during October 1 - March 31. (City of Vancouver Link
My friend had The Old Town Breakfast ($15) with your basic two eggs your way, choice of sourdough or multigrain toast, choice of bacon, sausage, ham or avocado (if you must). But seriously, it's all about the hash browns here. Medium poached eggs with some chives, bacon and multigrain toast was the selection of the day. Oh, and of course, strawberry jam, you're at Jam Cafe afterall...
I decided to go with the Blackstone Benny ($17 for mine, $14 for a half-size), with the sugar cured bacon. I found the bacon to be very tasty and it was quite plentiful as well. I usually get the hollandaise on the side, but forgot to mention it this time. The addition of the roasted tomatoes added an unexpected juiciness to the English muffin. The eggs had a bit of parmesan shavings as well as the hollandaise. And of course, the delicious hash browns. 
This was way too much food for me and I asked for the take out box as soon as the plate arrived. Pro tip: the box is a bit shallow so make sure you move the egg off the English muffin so it won't get squished. 

I've heard that there are long waits on the weekend and I don't think the food is worth the wait. However, we went at 2:15pm (they close at 3pm) and were seated quickly, even with the social distancing guidelines.


Jam Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...