gracecheung604 | write on time: Ghost Chili Peppers: #HotterThanHell at Mucho Burrito

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ghost Chili Peppers: #HotterThanHell at Mucho Burrito

A few weeks ago, someone from Mucho Burrito's PR company contacted me and said that they will have two limited time burritos. The feature of these burritos is the use of Ghost Chili Peppers. Don't know what the big deal is? Here is a snippet from their Press Release. And for a girl that doesn't eat much Mexican, this would be twice in a week, see my post on Patron Tacos & Cantina
"With a Scoville rating of 1,000,000, the ghost pepper is one of the hottest peppers in the world, with only one other pepper ranking higher. In comparison, well-known peppers such as the Habanero have a Scoville rating of 350,000, while the Jalapeno has a rating of 8,000. The ghost pepper has a slow-building heat that increases with intensity as time passes. It was rated the hottest chili pepper in the world by The Guinness Book of World Records."
mucho burrito 6
Armed with a $15 gift card, i headed over to their downtown location to pick some up. I got both versions of this burrito, the Hotter Than Hell and the Wimpy. The total was was $18.10 so I had to pony up some change for the pleasure (or pain) of trying these, not a bit deal. Both have ghost pepper bacon, ghost pepper infused fig marmalade, spicy Mexican rice, salsa and a choice of meat, all wrapped in a fiery red tortilla. The only difference is that the Hotter than Hell Ghost Pepper Burrito gets a few squirts of Mucho Burrito’s hottest salsa and pure Ghost Pepper sauce.
mucho burrito 3 
Preferring trial by fire at home, we brought these babies home to eat. The bag was really heavy. In fact I weighed them when I got home and the two combined were over two pounds! Here I am, just about to take the big bite...and yes, this is the Hotter Than Hell one!
mucho burrito 2
After a few bites, I could feel the heat. My nose was sweating, my eyes were watering and my tongue was burning. It was definitely spicy and it does build up on you. After about 4 bites, I had to take a break. I was actually just eating the tortilla, without any of the filling, and found it strangely soothing and sweet. The wine I was drinking had completely lost its flavour too. 
Can you see how packed this burrito is? This was a big burrito and I definitely needed two hands to keep it together. Oh, and I did give the Wimpy a try after, but to be honest, I couldn't taste any heat there at all, not after a few mouthfuls of Hotter than Hell.
It's hard to believe, but someone in Toronto at SEVEN of these in EIGHT minutes. Don't believe me?
Check out these photos on Mucho Burritos Facebook Page
Screen shot 2012-11-01 at 1.23.51 PM Dare to give it a try? You're in luck. Originally, the expiry for these burritos was supposed to be on the Day of the Dead, but it has now been extended to November 30. 
Go get one and tell me what you think...I dare you!

Mucho Burrito on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...