gracecheung604 | write on time: Lift for Lunch

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lift for Lunch

Early May, on a particularly sunny day, we decided to venture to Lift at Coal Harbour. The lunch started off  with a drink at the bar, and we were then told that our patio table was ready. The bartender took our drinks on a tray and we met him at the stairs to head up to the patio. 

The hostess (I think that's what her purpose was) said that we couldn't go up yet. So we stood at the bottom of the stairs ( by the kitchen) for about 5 minutes. Then, we were told that we could head up. Weird thing is? No one came down the whole time we were waiting! Why couldn't we head upstairs to wait instead of being told to wait by the kitchen? Anyways, we sat down and perused the menu.

IMG_3154 Bread arrived promptly, some Baguette Slices and Crisps, I liked the blend of sesame and poppy seeds. It would have been nice if they told us what the difference between the two spreads were, but I'm guessing butter and margarine? I didn't bother to ask because I don't use either anyways.  IMG_3163
I actually wanted to have their Grilled Octopus but the waitress said they were out. Weird, it was 1:30 and the item was on their dinner menu. Oh well, I decided to get two sides to compensate. The first is the Heirloom Tomato & Burrata Salad. This is made with heirloom tomatoes and fairly generous serving of burrata (more on the other side). There are a few croutons and what looks like black pepper is actually black olive salt. Good thing we had some bread because I needed it to eat the salad. IMG_3164 The next item on the menu to round out my lunch was the Salmon Tuna Roll.This is your basic Tuna Roll embellished with some avocado (not listed on the menu so I had to poke it out) and topped with some raw salmon and black tobiko. The presentation is quite pretty and the fish were quite fresh. The only thing could have made it better was the mention of the avocado, I would have asked for it to be made without it, had I know. The fish is sweet and you don't even really need the wasabi and soy but it's a nice to have. IMG_3156 For those of you craving something a bit heavier, give their Classic Fish and Chips a try. They use halibut here, which I appreciate but the batter was a touch thick. Parts of the batter had a good crunch, but some bits were a bit doughy. The fries were good, and I do prefer it thin cut. 

Take Note:


  • Service is hit and miss, thankfully the food is good.
  • Amazing views on a sunny day.
  • Free valet at lunch.

Lift Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...