gracecheung604 | write on time: L'artista with Mommy

Monday, July 26, 2010

L'artista with Mommy

The week before I headed to Toronto, I had a delicious dinner with my mom and stepdad at one of our favourite neighbourhood joints. The place is call L'artista. We discovered them at first through the Entertainment book, but have returned because of the quality of the food and service. Places where the chef is also the owner usually have a certain sense of pride that you don't find otherwise. Federico Murruni is the chef/owner of this place and you can tell he loves his food!
My mom loves her seafood, and decided to order their pasta special that night It was a Penne ai Frutti di Mare, and it was loaded with mussels and clams, all tossed in a tomato sauce that tasted like it had been stewing all day. 
My favourite here is the Linguine Della Casa...it's linguine with Italian sausage, peppers & artichoke in a tomato sauce, and under $15! You can always ask them to make it spicier, but it has a good kick for most people...not me though! 
I am not a 100% sure, but I believe my stepdad got their veal special...which came with beans, carrots, purple cabbage and potato wedges...I think the "vino" was getting to me at this point! 
Our family comes here all the time, and have always loved the fresh warm rolls they bring, the hominess of the jug of their house wine, and their attentive service. If you are looking for something in Burnaby, give L'artista a try, you won't be disappointed! 
L'Artista Ristorante Italiano on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...